Brownfields Assistance, Funding Programs and News
|Brownfields Home||Assistance, Funding & News||Resources & Useful Links||Success Sites|
Funding for Environmental Site Assessments in the vicinity of Wilmington and Pacoima
The City`s Brownfields Program has received funding from the US Environmental Protection Agency to conduct environmental site assessments on qualifying properties. The work will be performed by the City`s contractors and the report given to the property owner. There is no further obligation. Below is a partial list of eligibility criteria:
- The site must be in the vicinity of Wilmington or Pacoima
- There must be a suspicion of petroleum or hazardous waste contamination on the property. This could include petroleum underground storage tanks that require removal
- The contamination occurred prior to the current owner acquiring the property.
If you think your property may be eligible, please contact Nuna Tersibashian at of Bureau of Sanitation at (213) 485-3791.
City of Los Angeles Brownfields Program News
The City’s Brownfields Program has been awarded a $400,000 US EPA Brownfields area wide assessment grant. The grant funds will be used to perform Phase I and Phase II environmental site assessments in Wilmington and Pacoima.
Brownfields AssistanceThe City’s Brownfields Program provides assistance to private property owners, community organizations, and agencies for a wide range of development sites throughout the City of Los Angeles. The Program provides various types of assistance including on call technical assistance, assisting site owners in identifying government grant programs to pay for site assessment and remediation. In some cases the Program provides assessment and remediation services, and assistance in understanding assessment and remediation requirements.
Brownfields News and Events
- Brownfield-related news and events from The Creative Center for Land Recycling
- Join the Brownfield Network coordinated by The National Association of Local Government Environmental Professionals (NALGEP)
- US EPA Grant Announcements
For more information on the City's Brownfields Program please contact:
Nuna.Tersibashian@lacity.org or Solid Resources Citywide Recycling Division at (213) 485-2260.